Sunday, February 3, 2013

Lamb leg steaks with a red wine reduction







 
February has started well! Francesco cooked last night! In fact, Francesco cooked for the first time THIS YEAR!! 

I may have complained a little about how even though I have 2 jobs and travel all the way to Guildford and back, I still have cook every night! And packed lunches too!

So last night, Sat 2nd Feb, Francesco cooked. He found a recipe online - Lamb leg steaks with shallots and sticky red wine sauce.  Go to link here


The recipe was slightly modified. The sauce was not sticky as he changed things a little. He also added mushrooms.
Marinating in garlic and olive oil

This was a very delicious meal!! Next time we will include some potatoes. I think this dish would go great with mashed potatoes. Mmmm... my mouth is watering just thinking about it! 

We do not cook lamb that often but we should definitely have it more! 



And here is the chef!

I had to take a photo of such a rare occasion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment